Noun(1) nonfictional prose forming an independent part of a publication(2) one of a class of artifacts(3) a separate section of a legal document (as a statute or contract or will(4) (grammar
Verb(1) bind by a contract; especially for a training period
(1) Every article of clothing reeks of foul-smelling smoke and those that cannot easily be washed have to be hung outside for days.(2) he was a bad article(3) Does article 105 of the Regulation have any application in the present case?(4) 139 It should be emphasised that the enumeration of the first paragraph of article 15 is by way of example.(5) an article about middle-aged executives(6) It concerns the relationship between the two paragraphs of article 8.(7) Prominent amongst these was the fact that the Commission had found simply that the agreement was in breach of the article .(8) she's a right useless article(9) The lien may be claimed and maintained so long as the article remains in the possession of the lien claimant.(10) Rule 2 of article IV lists a number of things for which the carrier is not responsible.(11) The following is an article about our unit that was published in the Dallas Morning News.(12) By and large such shavers are seen as a single type of commercial article .(13) It is a mistake to reduce the reform process in Egypt to the amendment of a single article of the constitution.(14) The same issue could arise under article 2, paragraph 1, of the Covenant.(15) The other paragraphs of article IX.4 dealt with the position where the vessel could not be returned to the builder.(16) Under section 139, it is for the prosecution to prove that the defendant knowingly had the offending article in his possession.
(1) newspaper article :: tusiga o le nusipepa
(2) indefinite article :: mataupu faavae e faavavau
(3) definite article :: mataupu maoti
(4) magazine article :: mataupu mekasini
(5) feature article :: vaega mataupu
(6) leading article :: taitaia mataupu
(7) review article :: toe faamanatu mataupu
(8) article of clothing :: mataupu faavae o le lavalava
(9) original article :: mataupu uluai
(10) article of association :: mataupu faavae o le faalapotopotoga
1. item ::
2. report ::
3. clause ::
article, articled, articles
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
as it turns out,
there's an ARTICLE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
As it pertains to this project,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
You know, I recently read
a fascinating ARTICLE
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
Anyway, I was asked
to be a part of a magazine ARTICLE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
Sheldon, this ARTICLE
doesn't mention Leonard at all.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
English to Samoan Dictionary: article
Meaning and definitions of article, translation in Samoan language for article with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of article in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "article"
What article means in Samoan, article meaning in Samoan, article definition, examples and pronunciation of article in Samoan language.