Adjective(1) in a state of sleep(2) lacking sensation(3) dead
Adverb(1) into a sleeping state(2) in the sleep of death
(1) At about three or four that morning, I dropped my book and fell asleep .(2) Her hand had fallen asleep as it clutched her blanket around her shoulders.(3) When they got home Nan fell asleep on the couch and remained asleep for the rest of the afternoon.(4) I fell asleep knowing that whatever we had, it was finished, that this moment would be the last, that I had to let him go.(5) After he fell asleep , I sat on the bed and just spent a couple of minutes looking at him.(6) My mom wound it up every night and it plinked its way though the melody until I fell asleep .(7) Then I realized that my left foot was completely asleep and I could not move it or feel it at all.(8) I used to listen to your breathing for hours after you fell asleep at night.(9) I was so glad of my bed when I got to it that I fell asleep right away, and slept through until I was woken by the phone at eight.(10) Then he would ask for her to help him to stand up, because his legs had fallen asleep .(11) She rubbed his head till he fell asleep again, and she soon drifted off to sleep once more.(12) So I fell asleep on the pull out couch in my studio apartment the minute I got home.(13) It's the fancy medical term for that nasty tingling that crawls up your leg when your foot's asleep .(14) I fell asleep sometime after that and had some very disturbed dreams.(15) I don't know what's wearing me out at the moment, but for the first time in years I actually fell asleep on the train.(16) I flew back from Seoul last night and fell asleep almost right away.
(1) fall asleep :: e tautulimoe
(2) to fall asleep :: e momoe
(3) falling asleep :: moe
(4) fast asleep :: moegase
(5) half asleep :: afa momoe
(6) sound asleep :: moegapepe
(7) fallen asleep :: momoe
(8) be asleep :: momoe
(9) be fast asleep :: ona momoe
(10) be sound asleep :: ona ili e momoe
2. numb ::
4. gone ::
1. awake ::
2. wide-awake ::
matua ala lava
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The baby's ASLEEP.
Can we put her in your room?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
and then in a massage chair
at the mall where I fell ASLEEP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
Fell ASLEEP and missed my stop.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
Uh, kids are ASLEEP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
Either they fell ASLEEP
or they conspired with the enemy.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
English to Samoan Dictionary: asleep
Meaning and definitions of asleep, translation in Samoan language for asleep with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of asleep in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "asleep"
What asleep means in Samoan, asleep meaning in Samoan, asleep definition, examples and pronunciation of asleep in Samoan language.