Noun(1) a seat for one person, with a support for the back(2) the position of professor(3) the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization(4) an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person(5) a particular seat in an orchestra
Verb(1) act or preside as chair, as of an academic department in a university(2) preside over
(1) The Senator will chair a Public Forum on Child Abuse at Southbank, Brisbane on July 31.(2) O'Rian wasn't elevated to chair of the local authority before now.(3) Unceremoniously, some number of thugs dragged me into an edifice and roughly seated me in a slight wooden chair .(4) Deputy chair of Scottish Enterprise, he bangs the drum for business formation, pushing resources into the best growth prospects.(5) He sank into the comfortable swivel chair behind the counter and put his feet up.(6) While working with one of my cello students, who is first chair in her school orchestra, the subject of "what it really means to be first chair" was something that we spoke about for quite a while.(7) Rehearsals are underway for this years production which sees Siobhan Leonard return to the Director's chair .(8) At the start of the meeting chair Alison Sinclair stated there would be a chance for a motion to come from the floor and a vote taken.(9) The chair of the police authority, said Mr Richards had been picked from a ├ö├ç├┐strong field├ö├ç├û.(10) Whittaker accepted the chair of pure mathematics at the University of Liverpool in 1933.(11) You've never seen anyone get to the victory stand so fast, even with his short-stop house-mate Ruben's failed effort to chair him up there.(12) Mr Brown, of the Crescent Hotel, agreed to chair future meetings that are open to the public.(13) She also learned administrative skills - how to speak in public, write a grant, chair a meeting.(14) ├ö├ç├┐Mr Clark was the chair of the meeting and made a joke of this,├ö├ç├û Mr Morgan said.(15) Donors are credited on the Musicians page of each concert programme directly beneath the chair that they have chosen to endow, recognising them as patrons of their chosen area.(16) At the trial the man is sent down for murder and seeing as it's Texas he's sent to the electric chair .
(1) rocking chair :: nofoa faalue
(2) folding chair :: nofoa faamoe
(3) swivel chair :: nofoa swivel
(4) high chair :: nofoa maualuga
(5) office chair :: nofoa ofisa
(6) wheel chair :: nofoa uili
(7) lounge chair :: nofoa malolo
(8) beach chair :: nofoa matafaga
2. hot seat ::
3. chairperson ::
4. preside over ::
5. moderate ::
6. chairman ::
chair, chaired, chairing, chairs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I can't believe we're gonna get beat up,
and it's not because of your CHAIR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
the CHAIR of death.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
You know, the Lincoln Memorial has
a big CHAIR, we could swap you right in.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
I will give him the iron CHAIR...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
You want to see the part
where she falls off the CHAIR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
English to Samoan Dictionary: chair
Meaning and definitions of chair, translation in Samoan language for chair with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of chair in Samoan and in English
Tags for the entry "chair"
What chair means in Samoan, chair meaning
in Samoan, chair definition, examples and pronunciation
of chair in Samoan language.