Noun(1) the temporal end; the concluding time(2) the last section of a communication(3) the concluding part of any performance
Verb(1) move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut(2) become closed(3) cease to operate or cause to cease operating(4) finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.(5) come to a close(6) complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement(7) be priced or listed when trading stops(8) engage at close quarters(9) cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop(10) change one's body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact(11) come together, as if in an embrace(12) draw near(13) bring together all the elements or parts of(14) bar access to(15) fill or stop up(16) unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of
Adjective(1) at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other(2) close in relevance or relationship(3) not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances(4) rigorously attentive; strict and thorough(5) marked by fidelity to an original(6) (of a contest or contestants(7) crowded(8) lacking fresh air(9) of textiles(10) strictly confined or guarded(11) confined to specific persons(12) fitting closely but comfortably(13) used of hair or haircuts(14) giving or spending with reluctance, or near(15) inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information
Adverb(1) near in time or place or relationship(2) in an attentive manner
(1) I was pretty close , though I still couldn't see the skyline of New York.(2) The summer may be drawing to a close , but York Racecourse has still been pulling the crowds for its September meeting.(3) The sunshade on their terrace retracts, the windows close automatically whenever it starts to rain.(4) If the agreement is in writing it may be in very close print on the back of a delivery docket or ticket.(5) He and his sister were close and her death affected him so strongly that friends initially feared for his own mental health.(6) It can be the year when we draw to a close this sorry chapter in our treatment of those with disabilities.(7) The competition was dreamed up by staff at the Lowry in response to claims by many visitors that dogs in the pictures bear a close resemblance to their own.(8) We're very good friends and very close but he doesn't spare me either.(9) they take place at close intervals(10) But I am conscious of the fact that we lost all three matches by very narrow margins and winning the close matches becomes a habit.(11) Tessa cooks the evening meal, but the nearest town is close if clients wish to eat out occasionally.(12) Shares in the club were 1.5 pence higher at 286.5 pence by the close of trade in London on Thursday.(13) Little by little however, she seemed to get comfortable with the fact that I wanted to be close and intimate with her.(14) close the door, please(15) He extends his hand toward the metal door, bringing it slamming to a close .(16) The only solution is surgery to close the hole and reinforce the spot.
(1) close to :: latalata atu i
(2) close to you :: latalata ia te oe
(3) close the door :: tapuni le faitotoa
(4) to close :: e tapuni
(5) close down :: tapunia i lalo
(6) close friend :: uo vavalalata
(7) close by :: latalata e
(8) close-up :: latalata-ae
(9) very close :: latalata
1. near ::
2. dense ::
3. evenly matched ::
4. immediate ::
5. intimate ::
6. strong ::
7. careful ::
8. vigilant ::
9. strict ::
10. humid ::
11. skinny ::
13. faithful ::
14. secretive ::
15. tight ::
17. close-fitting ::
18. tight ::
19. near ::
20. end ::
21. ending ::
22. finale ::
Mea e Mulimuli
23. last ::
24. shut ::
26. catch up ::
27. narrow ::
28. meet ::
29. end ::
31. clinch ::
32. close down ::
tapunia i lalo
33. fill up ::
34. conclude ::
35. come together ::
o mai faatasi
1. open ::
close, closed, closely, closeness, closes, closing, closings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Star Wars. I can\'t take it. Gah.\"
"' alt="\"OMG, OMG, We\'re so close to
the new Star Wars
. I can\'t take it. Gah.\"
"OMG, OMG, We're so CLOSE to
the new Star Wars. I can't take it. Gah."
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
There's no "CLOSE" in science, Barry.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
That was a CLOSE one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
It doesn't make sense for him to be CLOSE.
He did this in the previous robbery, sir.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
English to Samoan Dictionary: close
Meaning and definitions of close, translation in Samoan language for close with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of close in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "close"
What close means in Samoan, close meaning in Samoan, close definition, examples and pronunciation of close in Samoan language.