Noun(1) a slight wetness
Verb(1) deaden (a sound or noise(2) restrain or discourage(3) make vague or obscure or make (an image(4) lessen in force or effect
Adjective(1) slightly wet
(1) But in the winter, the damp still creeps through the building and leaves the children shivering with cold.(2) With a D bearing next to the head, it is not possible to damp out normal tape vibrations.(3) Preferring light shade and slightly damp soil, this evergreen form sends out new growth annually from the base of the plant.(4) If the walls were rendered with hard sand and cement, this would trap moisture, resulting in condensation or damp .(5) She pulled Millie over to the washbasin on the table and began to wrap her finger with a thin, slightly damp wash rag.(6) I headed towards my favorite spot below the old weeping willow and sat on the slightly damp ground.(7) She sat on the cold, slightly damp stone and let her cloak drop, watching as it billowed around her ankles like a cloud of thick black smoke.(8) Silently and with some relief, we exited and sat down on the slightly damp curb.(9) When working with the phyllo leaves, keep a slightly damp towel over the leaves you are not currently using - and work quickly.(10) Her hair was slightly damp from the long hours of tears and her tired, blue eyes were puffy.(11) This morning I was wiping the table with a very slightly damp rag and noticed that the wax build-up was coming off.(12) Knead well; let rise to double its size under a slightly damp towel in a warm place.(13) With another sigh, she huddled closer to the trunk of the tree behind her, shivering slightly in the damp mist.(14) He slips it into his pocket, almost imagining that he can smell lavender and cigarette smoke even in the damp of the city.(15) Methane is a nonpoisonous, tasteless, odorless and colorless gas. It is also known as marsh gas (CH4) and, when mixed with air, it forms fire- damp .(16) He could have coped a lot better were it not for the accompanying stomach cramps and cold sweat - there was enough damp in the room without his contributing to it.
(1) damp cloth :: ie susu
(2) damp-proof :: susu-faamaoniga
(3) damp out :: susu mai
(4) damp proofing :: proofing susu
(5) rising damp :: faiaʻe susu
(6) damp down :: susu i lalo
1. moist ::
3. moisture ::
5. mute ::
6. weaken ::
7. deaden ::
damp, damped, dampest, damping, damply, dampness, damps
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, then I guess bring a blanket.
The grass gets DAMP at night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
That spot is very DAMP, no?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Why are you DAMP?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
- Or DAMP wall! Just as bad.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
They spun her around
On the DAMP old stones
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
English to Samoan Dictionary: damp
Meaning and definitions of damp, translation in Samoan language for damp with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of damp in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "damp"
What damp means in Samoan, damp meaning in Samoan, damp definition, examples and pronunciation of damp in Samoan language.