Noun(1) freedom to act or judge on one's own(2) knowing how to avoid embarrassment or distress(3) refined taste; tact(4) the power of making free choices unconstrained by external agencies(5) the trait of judging wisely and objectively
(1) His discretion in the face of so scrofulous and untutored a palate as mine was marvellous.(2) Rules say bus drivers can use their discretion regarding dogs but they must have a valid reason for refusing.(3) It will be for the court to exercise its discretion in deciding whether this is the situation.(4) However, it is entirely at the discretion of local authorities how this is applied.(5) That is always a difficult task for an authority, because it is left with discretion .(6) Rumour has it that eminent politicians come here seeking discretion and peace.(7) If these people play fair and use discretion and common sense, they shall have my full support.(8) The trial judge was entitled to exercise his discretion in dismissing the motion.(9) He believes officers should use their discretion when dealing with speeding offences.(10) The lawmaker, hoping for discretion , deploys a shadowy envoy to send her child support in the form of regular wads of cash.(11) The person purporting to exercise his discretion has acted in abuse or excess of his power.(12) The committee will use its discretion in deciding whether to grant permission or not.(13) What discretion do local authorities have in devising their allocations schemes?(14) He says he hopes selectors use their discretion and pick him for the event anyway.(15) she knew she could rely on his discretion(16) it is up to local authorities to use their discretion in setting the charges
(1) at your discretion :: i lou faitalia
(2) absolute discretion :: pule faitalia
(3) at discretion :: i le pule faitalia
(4) at the discretion of :: i le faitalia a
2. choice ::
3. delicacy ::
4. free will ::
5. discernment ::
1. indiscretion ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your DISCRETION is legendary...
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
He asked me to excuse him,
but, due to DISCRETION reasons,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
I'm a purveyor of beauty and DISCRETION -
both equally important.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
And absolute DISCRETION.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
of the administrative funds,
and I have sole DISCRETION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
English to Samoan Dictionary: discretion
Meaning and definitions of discretion, translation in Samoan language for discretion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of discretion in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "discretion"
What discretion means in Samoan, discretion meaning in Samoan, discretion definition, examples and pronunciation of discretion in Samoan language.