Noun(1) a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base(2) a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts(3) someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor(4) a quantity that is twice as great as another(5) raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2
Verb(1) increase twofold(2) hit a two-base hit(3) bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain(4) do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions(5) bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit(6) make or do or perform again
Adjective(1) having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities, or dual(2) consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs, binary, or double, or a multiple of two(3) twice as great or many(4) used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements(5) used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis(6) large enough for two(7) having two meanings with intent to deceive
Adverb(1) downward and forward(2) two together(3) to double the degree
(1) Bangalore is more of a corporate market and the market size is nearly double that of Chennai's.(2) The dining area is lit by two large Velux windows, a further two windows to the side and a set of glazed double doors opening out onto a patio.(3) This applies double if the profanity occurs during a quarterly conference call.(4) Another gin and tonic, honey - better make it a double .(5) Jerome was dumbfounded at the double life his longtime chess partner had been leading.(6) By far the most blatantly contrived element of the play is the happy and neatly accounted for ending, with a stereotypical Hollywood double wedding scene.(7) Collins dictionary allows berretta with a double r as an alternative (the Italian spelling).(8) The botanist who spots a double flower in a field of single sees a chance mutation that has altered that plant's genetics.(9) Will Lee Westwood attempt to have a stunt-man double stand in for him?(10) By the time Quinn fell pregnant for the second time, in May this year, the pressures of leading a double life were beginning to tell.(11) Decoratives have double or semi-double flowers and usually grow to over 18 inches tall.(12) There are double doors leading to the kitchen which has an oak kitchen, extractor fan, electric oven and electric ceramic hob.(13) A political storm is brewing a day after New Jersey's governor admits to leading a double life.(14) Also, tropical hibiscus can have blossoms of salmon, orange, yellow, or peach with double flowers.(15) She had chosen to play his Prelude in E flat minor, which is comprised in part of a continuous string of rapid double notes in the right hand alone(16) Even if merchandising income were to double the star's revenues, at current levels the company stands to take back around half what they have paid out.
(1) double room :: potu e lua
(2) double bed :: moega e lua
(3) double bass :: Bass faaluaina
(4) double standard :: tulaga lua
(5) double up :: faaluaina ai
(6) double cream :: kulimi faaluaina
(7) double-decker :: lua-decker
(8) double click :: kiliki faalua
(9) double layer :: vaega e lua
1. dual ::
3. ambiguous ::
4. deceitful ::
5. twofold ::
6. duple ::
7. bivalent ::
8. forked ::
10. twice ::
11. look-alike ::
12. stand-in ::
13. two-bagger ::
15. stunt man ::
16. image ::
17. multiply by two ::
faateleina e toalua
19. function ::
20. double up ::
21. replicate ::
22. duplicate ::
1. single ::
double, doubled, doubles, doubling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maybe we should DOUBLE date.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
and I've got
a little DOUBLE vision.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
- How much?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
I'll pay DOUBLE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Now Mueller's coming.
Oh, a DOUBLE! Here he comes.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
English to Samoan Dictionary: double
Meaning and definitions of double, translation in Samoan language for double with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of double in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "double"
What double means in Samoan, double meaning in Samoan, double definition, examples and pronunciation of double in Samoan language.