Noun(1) a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc(2) the atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element; the standard is 8 for oxygen
Adjective(1) being essentially equal to something
(1) a new one costs the equivalent of 10 old ones(2) Marias opens the piece by talking about how some phrases just don't have a similar equivalent in other languages.(3) horizontal equivalent(4) Farmers are now expecting prices to lift by an equivalent amount.(5) Humans would have to eat two cloves of raw garlic a day to obtain the equivalent amount of allicin given to rats in the study.(6) starch equivalent(7) equivalent numbers(8) All they were obliged to do was to return an equivalent amount.(9) A is equivalent to A for all A in the set of upper case Latin characters.(10) Negative controls used equivalent amounts of RNA not subjected to reverse transcription.(11) This amount is the equivalent today to about $750, but in terms of rupees it is not an insignificant sum.(12) The singers looked and sounded as if they weren't trying awfully hard - as if this was the musical equivalent of a gentle stroll in the park.(13) full-time equivalent(14) But hang on to the receipt in case you want to exchange it for something of equivalent value in case you don't need that day or you've had it before.(15) They just wanted me to donate, monthly, the equivalent amount to half a bag of tea-bags.(16) In some instances this can amount up to the equivalent of two monthly premiums for the same portfolio.
(1) equivalent to :: tutusa ma
(2) cash equivalent :: tinoitupe tutusa
(3) equivalent fraction :: vaega tutusa
(4) equivalent weight :: mamafa tutusa
1. equal ::
2. identical ::
3. same ::
lava lea e tasi
4. similar ::
5. comparable ::
6. corresponding ::
7. analogous ::
8. homologous ::
9. commensurate ::
10. parallel ::
11. synonymous ::
12. approximate ::
13. near ::
14. counterpart ::
15. parallel ::
16. alternative ::
17. match ::
18. analog ::
19. twin ::
20. clone ::
21. opposite number ::
22. equal ::
23. peer ::
24. version ::
25. coequal ::
equivalent, equivalently, equivalents, nonequivalent, nonequivalents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This thing is like the science
EQUIVALENT of a sex tape.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
So it's like the musical EQUIVALENT
of Russell's paradox.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
...suggest you could find the EQUIVALENT
of Unruh radiation in a large body of water?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
I think it's the EQUIVALENT
of Rockefeller Center.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
That's the scientific EQUIVALENT
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
English to Samoan Dictionary: equivalent
Meaning and definitions of equivalent, translation in Samoan language for equivalent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of equivalent in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "equivalent"
What equivalent means in Samoan, equivalent meaning in Samoan, equivalent definition, examples and pronunciation of equivalent in Samoan language.