Adjective(1) of or relating to or containing iron
(1) Anglo American is also involved in mining gold, diamonds, coal and ferrous metal but platinum accounts for 12% of its total revenues and 20% of its income.(2) Rockwell Automation, for example, has ├ö├ç├┐equal-sensing├ö├ç├û inductive proximity sensors that can sense whether a metal is ferrous or non-ferrous.(3) The color due to ferric iron is yellow, not green, and ferric iron is not driven off but rather is reduced in oxidation state to ferrous iron.(4) The ability of wetland plants to flourish in environments with high Fe concentrations has been attributed to the oxidation of soluble ferrous iron to insoluble ferric iron in the rhizosphere.(5) And while ferrous metals are certainly not out of the picture, even from a consumer's perspective, it's hard not to notice the increased use of aluminum and plastic.(6) However, prolonged flooding can be detrimental to bottomland vegetation by decreasing aerobic respiration, and producing and accumulating toxic levels of ferrous Fe, nitrates, sulfides, and Mn.(7) Within the body iron exist in two oxidation states: ferrous or ferric.(8) Good markets for ferrous metals, as well as copper and brass, have existed for years.(9) Chemically, Strain 121's respiration process reduces ferric iron to ferrous iron and forms the mineral magnetite, the source of most of the magnetic material deposited on Earth some two billion years ago.(10) It was their first firearm to take centerfire, reloadable cartridges, and it was their first firearm to use ferrous metal for the receiver.(11) Except for aluminium and ferrous metal such as steel, the prices for most recyclable materials rests at the bottom of their historical ranges.
(1) non-ferrous :: lē ferrous
(2) non-ferrous metals :: uʻamea lē ferrous
(3) ferrous sulfate :: sulfate ferrous
(4) ferrous metals :: uʻamea ferrous
(5) ferrous sulphate :: sulphate ferrous
(6) ferrous iron :: uʻamea ferrous
(7) ferrous metal :: uamea ferrous
(8) non-ferrous metal :: uamea lē ferrous
1. ferric ::
English to Samoan Dictionary: ferrous
Meaning and definitions of ferrous, translation in Samoan language for ferrous with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ferrous in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ferrous"
What ferrous means in Samoan, ferrous meaning in Samoan, ferrous definition, examples and pronunciation of ferrous in Samoan language.