Noun(1) a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction(2) the state of being honored(3) the quality of being honorable and having a good name(4) a woman's virtue or chastity
Verb(1) bestow honor or rewards upon(2) show respect towards(3) accept as pay
(1) A tremendous amount of energy is spent to either preserve the honor of a maiden, or to take it from her.(2) This opportunity is an honor and a privilege and I think it is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.(3) The international community demands that the government honor its obligation under international law to protect civilians.(4) Dating conflicts with strict cultural norms about female chastity and its relationship to the honor of the woman and her family.(5) Joyce has now learned to honor her father's memory(6) The Democrats must take the lead in committing themselves to honor those obligations.(7) Children who attend public schools honor the national flag and sing the national anthem every Monday morning.(8) He is very wrapped up in his sense of honor . He doesn't lie.(9) you are an honor to our profession(10) the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight(11) make sure the franchisees honor the terms of the contract(12) It's largely because the U.N. has focused more on expanding membership than on finding ways to ensure that corporations honor their commitments.(13) Whether you agree or disagree with his position, the one thing that cannot be denied is that he is a man of honor and a statesman in every sense of the word.(14) Like many regular Americans, I value character traits and believe that courage and honor make a person superior.(15) They often honor their guests by serving them a cooked sheep's head.(16) I must as a matter of honor avoid any taint of dishonesty
(1) maid of honor :: fafine o le mamalu
(2) in honor of :: i le mamalu o
(3) in honor :: i le mamalu
(4) honor roll :: roll mamalu
(5) code of honor :: code o le mamalu
(6) guest of honor :: malo o le mamalu
(7) man of honor :: tagata o le mamalu
(8) honor student :: mamalu aoga
(9) word of honor :: upu o le mamalu
(10) honor killing :: mamalu fasiotia
1. integrity ::
2. distinction ::
3. reputation ::
4. acclaim ::
5. privilege ::
6. accolade ::
7. chastity ::
le ola mama
9. purity ::
10. esteem ::
11. applaud ::
12. fulfill ::
13. reward ::
14. observe ::
dishonor, dishonored, dishonoring, dishonors, honor, honored, honoree, honorees, honorer, honorers, honoring, honors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The HONOR of your presence is requested.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
It grieves me you've less HONOR
than a back alley whore.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Wear it in silence or I'll HONOR you again.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Do you have a shred of HONOR?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
the HONOR we offer you.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
English to Samoan Dictionary: honor
Meaning and definitions of honor, translation in Samoan language for honor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of honor in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "honor"
What honor means in Samoan, honor meaning in Samoan, honor definition, examples and pronunciation of honor in Samoan language.