Adjective(1) being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time(2) after the expected or usual time; delayed(3) of the immediate past or just previous to the present time(4) having died recently(5) of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages(6) at or toward an end or late period or stage of development(7) (used especially of persons
Adverb(1) later than usual or than expected(2) to an advanced time(3) at an advanced age or stage(4) in the recent past
(1) While in pruning mode, cut late flowering clematis hard back to a low pair of fat buds.(2) I had arrived quite late in the day when dusk was falling.(3) Management loved him, except for the fact that he was always a few minutes late for work.(4) Fatima, in her late fifties, is a practising Muslim who prays and fasts but is not veiled.(5) Less than half of the adult population regularly attended church by the late 1980s.(6) Acidantheras have a wonderful scent and are excellent for late flowering.(7) his late sister(8) It is believed that hormones are involved and women who have their first child late in life or who have no children are more at risk.(9) I arrived half an hour late because Dad lost his palm pilot and couldn't remember what time school started.(10) She is late and I am edgy, expecting a group of tough females in hoods and trainers.(11) Two late goals gave Crewe their first win since the opening day of the season as they beat Luton 3-1.(12) Bridget was a hard worker as was her late husband James and together they reared a family of four in very difficult times.(13) He won some points though late in August and I never made scalping jokes after that.(14) to stay up late(15) I arrived in Wolverhampton late this evening, as I'm doing a small part in a short film here tomorrow.(16) The white currant is White transparent, again a late flowering variety.
(1) too late :: ua tuai
(2) stay up late :: tumau tuai
(3) be late :: tuai
(4) very late :: lava tuai
(5) better late than never :: sili atu nai lo tuai lava
(6) get up late :: maua tuai
(7) sleep late :: moe tuai
(8) go to bed late :: alu e moe tuai
(9) late at night :: leva o le po
(10) late night :: po tuai
1. behind schedule ::
2. dead ::
3. recent ::
4. belated ::
5. later ::
6. previous ::
7. behind schedule ::
8. after hours ::
ina ua tuanai itula
9. late at night ::
leva o le po
10. deep ::
11. latterly ::
1. early ::
2. inopportune ::
3. precocious ::
4. premature ::
5. untimely ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Plus, yeah, with them working LATE
so much, we get some privacy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
But the man giving Cersei sleepless nights
is the king's... the LATE king's brother.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
It's a little LATE,
but I'll take it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Sorry I'm LATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
It's a good party. Thanks for having...
It's just getting a little LATE, so...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
English to Samoan Dictionary: late
Meaning and definitions of late, translation in Samoan language for late with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of late in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "late"
What late means in Samoan, late meaning in Samoan, late definition, examples and pronunciation of late in Samoan language.