Noun(1) either of two fleshy folds of tissue that surround the mouth and play a role in speaking(2) (botany(3) an impudent or insolent rejoinder(4) the top edge of a vessel or other container(5) either the outer margin or the inner margin of the aperture of a gastropod's shell
(1) She caught her lip between her teeth, torn between grief and guilt.(2) Do what I say, no lip and give me my proper respect.(3) It lingered on the lip of the cup for fully two seconds as Woods and his caddie Steve Williams froze in their tracks, bent over as if praying.(4) He sank back down, closed his mouth and puckered out his thin lower lip in a trademark sulky expression.(5) She spoke up thoughtfully, chewing a pink lower lip .(6) I think anyone who has to take lip from 14 or 15-year-old knowalls five days a week deserve that amount of time off.(7) She was quiet while he talked, watching him over the lip of her raised cup of tea.(8) During the early stages of pregnancy, the upper lip and palate develop from tissues lying on either side of the tongue.(9) A cleft lip is a condition that creates an opening in the upper lip between the mouth and nose.(10) Walking down to them was like descending a ski-jump, but one with no lip at the end of it, just a pure drop like the one that James Bond skis over at the beginning of one of his films.(11) the cockpit is protected by a lip extending from the roof(12) Later, Jesse overhears Ryan giving Leah another bit of lip .(13) Gunslinging went hand in hand with glamour as the Angels turned what was traditionally a man's world into a girl's one - with the aid of as much lip-gloss as lip .(14) drawing her finger around the lip of the cup(15) On its face, the upper lip , mandible, and tip of the muzzle are silvery white to yellowish.(16) He bit his lip in anticipation, his grey eyes studying her face.
(1) lip gloss :: laugutu gloss
(2) lip balm :: pulu laugutu
(3) fat lip :: laugutu gaʻo
(4) upper lip :: laugutu aupitoaluga
(5) lip service :: auaunaga laugutu
(6) lower lip :: laugutu maualalo
(7) stiff upper lip :: laugutu aupitoaluga maaa
(8) bottom lip :: laugutu pito i lalo
(9) lip liner :: liner laugutu
(10) lip care :: tausiga laugutu
2. insolence ::
4. brim ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
♪ Drool down the LIP
Striped saber-toothed slimer ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
...and you moved
and she accidentally got LIP?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
But I realize, she's kissing me back,
she's biting my lower LIP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
Soon my upper LIP will be the same
fake-blond as my beautiful best friend.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
I told you about her,
the one with the helmet hair
and the permanent LIP liner.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to Samoan Dictionary: lip
Meaning and definitions of lip, translation in Samoan language for lip with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lip in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "lip"
What lip means in Samoan, lip meaning in Samoan, lip definition, examples and pronunciation of lip in Samoan language.