Noun(1) an event that occurs at a critical time(2) a vaguely specified social event(3) reason(4) the time of a particular event(5) an opportunity to do something
Verb(1) give occasion to
(1) it's the first time that I've had occasion to complain(2) Our certainty, whether grounded in reason or miraculous signs, affords no occasion to trust.(3) to mark the occasion(4) They marked the occasion with a celebration with family and neighbours.(5) His swimming marathon last summer was on the occasion of his 40th birthday.(6) The controversy provided a rare occasion for agreement between the ruling right and opposition left.(7) Raf was a great playmate to have around and could be serious when the occasion arose.(8) The occasion afforded staff the opportunity of paying tribute to a long-standing member of staff.(9) Some cultures decorate to celebrate a festive occasion , others to mark membership in a group or tribe.(10) The greatest occasion for celebration in a Kurd's life is marriage.(11) Instead of passing the ball off every time, he took shots around the arch when the occasion arose.(12) The special occasion gave guests the opportunity to meet the director, singers and dancers of the world renown opera.(13) They gave me a crystal wine glass to celebrate the momentous occasion .(14) by-elections are traditionally an occasion for registering protest votes(15) Last week there were celebrations to mark the occasion with Mass being celebrated by the new Bishop of Galway.(16) In 1979 Jimmy Carter used the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the lunar landing to push his energy program.
(1) on occasion :: taimi i lea taimi
(2) special occasion :: taimi faapitoa
(3) rise to the occasion :: tutu atu i le taimi
(4) on this occasion :: i lenei sauniga
(5) on the occasion of :: i le taimi o
(6) on one occasion :: i se tasi taimi
(7) on the occasion :: i le taimi
(8) formal occasion :: taimi aloaia
(9) auspicious occasion :: taimi auspicious
(10) on another occasion :: i se tasi taimi
1. time ::
2. social event ::
3. opportunity ::
4. reason ::
5. affair ::
6. juncture ::
7. cause ::
1. consequence ::
2. corollary ::
3. development ::
4. effect ::
5. fate ::
6. fruit ::
7. issue ::
8. outcome ::
9. outgrowth ::
10. product ::
mea e gaosi
11. result ::
12. sequel ::
13. sequence ::
14. upshot ::
occasion, occasioned, occasioning, occasions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Things have been a little weird between us...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
to celebrate the OCCASION
that we both can enjoy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
I believe he brought his whores
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
- On OCCASION, yeah.
- Owner's a big booster for the DEA.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
- Yeah, what's the OCCASION?
- No OCCASION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
English to Samoan Dictionary: occasion
Meaning and definitions of occasion, translation in Samoan language for occasion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of occasion in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "occasion"
What occasion means in Samoan, occasion meaning in Samoan, occasion definition, examples and pronunciation of occasion in Samoan language.