Adverb(1) on one occasion(2) as soon as(3) at a previous time
(1) I have already written about this once on my website and I can assure you I will be doing so again tomorrow.(2) once out of prison they're back in the same community(3) More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.(4) he never once complained(5) once every three years(6) She knew how tired he must be after all that he'd endured, but he had not complained once .(7) But Eugenie says that once men have the know-how, they look wonderful dancing salsa.(8) Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once , at lunchtime.(9) Lord Lansdowne said the estate has only covered its losses once in the past 13 years.(10) once the grapes were pressed, the juice was put into barrels(11) Now 70, he is an inveterate inventor, the kind that Britain was once famous for.(12) Labels tell the public how to cook the food - this was once part of the of the family butcher's role.(13) Sevenoaks Motor Club understood that once improvements had been finished it could resume racing in the park.(14) The day started at a quarter past six and once the cows were milked, the milk would go to the dairy.(15) Nowadays, this once controversial play is on the Irish school curriculum.(16) For this once booming town in the former Democratic Republic of Germany now has a more dubious claim to fame.
(1) once upon a time :: o aso lava la ua leva
(2) at once :: i sesi taimi
(3) once again :: faapena foi
(4) once a week :: faatasi i le vaiaso
(5) once more :: toe
(6) once in a while :: faatasi i se ao
(7) all at once :: taimi e tasi uma
(8) once a month :: faatasi i le masina
(9) once a day :: faatasi i le aso
(10) only once :: na o le faatasi
1. on one occasion ::
i se tasi taimi
2. ever ::
3. formerly ::
5. at one time ::
i se tasi taimi
6. as soon as ::
ise taimi vave lava
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Once again, defeated
by your own prurient interests.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
Once he decides his life depends
on us opening that door...
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
Or we can make him settle up.
Once and for all.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
Once Jaime gets back,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
More than ONCE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Samoan Dictionary: once
Meaning and definitions of once, translation in Samoan language for once with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of once in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "once"
What once means in Samoan, once meaning in Samoan, once definition, examples and pronunciation of once in Samoan language.