Noun(1) the paved surface of a thoroughfare(2) material used to pave an area(3) walk consisting of a paved area for pedestrians; usually beside a street or roadway
(1) It was nothing but quiet traces of oldies on the radio and the sound of cars flying past each other on hard pavement .(2) One out of every three fatal highway accidents is partly due to poor road and pavement conditions.(3) he fell and hit his head on the pavement(4) The streets in the district have cobble-stoned pavement and feature historically styled street lighting.(5) A common demand by the residents of the Lake Area is that the pavement around the monument be cleared of encroachments and hawkers.(6) Normal practice is to saw the joints in the new pavement ; tooled joints are also permitted for some areas.(7) The fact that the track is dirt changes things as well - in other motor sports the surface is pavement and thus static.(8) When you're using your truck for removing shrubs or small trees, use a long cable to stay on the pavement where possible.(9) Many live off petty trade, selling goods on the pavement in the market area.(10) Why not break up the tiles and make them into a mosaic for either the pavement around the area or even incorporated into some other city centre venue.(11) They wanted to see greenery and flowers from these vantage points, not pavement and cars.(12) Despite the density of burials in the immediate area, no interments overlie the stone pavement .(13) Provisions for drainage, road pavement , ground water recharge, and artificial ponds are also being made.(14) Fly ash can be used for constructing different layers of road pavement .(15) I nearly tripped leaping off the sidewalk onto the pavement .(16) The road was made of a semi-rigid pavement with a bituminous surface layer where roughness was the primary damage.
(1) on the pavement :: i luga o le auala
(2) pavement artist :: tusiata paepae
(3) concrete pavement :: paepae sima
(4) pavement cafe :: kafe paepae
(5) stone pavement :: maa paepae
1. sidewalk ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If he really loved her,
he'd let her hit the PAVEMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
Like those flowers that grow
in the cracked PAVEMENT.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
English to Samoan Dictionary: pavement
Meaning and definitions of pavement, translation in Samoan language for pavement with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pavement in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pavement"
What pavement means in Samoan, pavement meaning in Samoan, pavement definition, examples and pronunciation of pavement in Samoan language.