Adjective(1) having great power or force or potency or effect(2) strong enough to knock down or overwhelm(3) having great influence(4) (of a person(5) displaying superhuman strength or power
Adverb(1) (Southern regional intensive
(1) The hope of water was such a powerful motivator, it kept me going.(2) she's a powerful runner(3) A quarter of a century on, the clergyman remains a powerful and influential figure even in death.(4) Or else the world influences in those times were very powerful , and they were.(5) Her voice is calming and almost hypnotic at times, and really strong and powerful at others.(6) Scientific and technical progress of the latter half of the twentieth century made them extremely powerful .(7) Second, there is a bipolar structure of control, with the system controlled by two powerful states.(8) Women may live longer than men because they have a more powerful immune system, it was reported yesterday.(9) The law is an incredibly powerful tool for shaping social perceptions, as well as controlling behavior.(10) Westin was now quite convinced that his country was the most powerful in the world.(11) There is, Richard says, a subtler but no less powerful influence at work too.(12) It was extremely theatrical, which made the effects more dramatic and powerful .(13) she can put across a powerful message(14) Yet the result is mesmeric: it shows how little you actually need to make powerful dramatic radio.(15) The incidence also explains the powerful placebo effect of some treatments.(16) However they are very powerful tools for company identification in the mind of users.
(1) all-powerful :: le malosi uma
(2) very powerful :: matua mamana
(3) the most powerful :: sili ona mamana
(4) powerful man :: tagata mamana
(5) powerful leader :: taitai mamana
1. strong ::
3. violent ::
4. intense ::
5. influential ::
6. cogent ::
7. potent ::
8. muscular ::
10. knock-down ::
tuitui atu i lalo
11. mighty ::
1. impotent ::
2. insignificant ::
3. little ::
4. powerless ::
5. weak ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and a POWERFUL army at
her back, Your Grace.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
Knowledge has made you POWERFUL.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
Do you feel POWERFUL now?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
all that is good
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
A land where the POWERFUL
do not prey on the powerless.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
English to Samoan Dictionary: powerful
Meaning and definitions of powerful, translation in Samoan language for powerful with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of powerful in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "powerful"
What powerful means in Samoan, powerful meaning in Samoan, powerful definition, examples and pronunciation of powerful in Samoan language.