Noun(1) any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something(2) a formal series of statements showing that if one thing is true something else necessarily follows from it(3) a measure of alcoholic strength expressed as an integer twice the percentage of alcohol present (by volume(4) (printing(5) a trial photographic print from a negative(6) the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something
Verb(1) make or take a proof of, such as a photographic negative, an etching, or typeset(2) knead to reach proper lightness(3) read for errors(4) activate by mixing with water and sometimes sugar or milk(5) make resistant (to harm
Adjective(1) (used in combination or as a suffix
(1) Therefore, a total ban on private use of the lagoon requires concrete scientific proof of negative influences.(2) Your liver processes alcohol out of your system at an average rate of about 1.5 ounces of 80 proof alcohol an hour.(3) That's completely absurd and there's no proof to validate that statement.(4) It gives a proof that every whole number has a Fibonacci number for which it is a factor.(5) The laws of evidence and proof are aimed at establishing beyond a doubt which individual is guilty.(6) I am always impressed with accurate proof reading.(7) Accompanying the CD-R is a set of proof pages that the printer can use to make sure that the magazine that is being printed matches the sample pages.(8) The proof of this theorem makes essential use of free choice sequences.(9) It is too easy to find fault, to point a finger, without any facts or proof .(10) She explained that 12 staff joined colleagues from across the county to update their training in the use of the chemical- proof suits.(11) Counsel set out parts of the appellant's proof of evidence available at the trial.(12) He was asking me to proof something I'd already proofed, saying they'd made more changes.(13) An argument becomes a proof when the mathematical community agrees it is such.(14) They are based on the false assumption that the substantive offence requires proof of a fact that life is endangered.(15) So, in the absence of a mathematical proof deciding this question, none of us has any a priori knowledge about this question in either direction.(16) A little while later he emailed me with irrefutable proof of my guilt.
(1) proof of concept :: faamaoniga o manatu faavae
(2) burden of proof :: avega o le faamaoniga
(3) proof of payment :: faamaoniga o le totogiina
(4) proof of identity :: faamaoniga o le faasinomaga
(5) proof of :: faamaoniga o
(6) future proof :: faamaoniga i le lumanai
(7) proof load :: avega faamaoniga
1. resistant to ::
e tetee atu
2. immune from ::
3. unaffected by ::
4. invulnerable to ::
5. impenetrable by ::
6. impervious to ::
7. repellent to ::
8. evidence ::
9. verification ::
12. confirmation ::
13. certification ::
14. documentation ::
15. validation ::
18. proofread ::
1. disproof ::
proof, proofed, proofing, proofs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Which is why I'm coming to you.
I need PROOF.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
No, but there
are other ways of providing PROOF.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
To provide PROOF of my betrayals.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
while the PROOF of live is taken place.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Proof? I did.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
English to Samoan Dictionary: proof
Meaning and definitions of proof, translation in Samoan language for proof with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of proof in Samoan and in English
Tags for the entry "proof"
What proof means in Samoan, proof meaning
in Samoan, proof definition, examples and pronunciation
of proof in Samoan language.