Noun(1) a large natural stream of water (larger than a creek
(1) river pollution(2) The site is close to a tributary of the Slaney river from which water supplies for Carlow and Wexford are drawn.(3) The hot springs and underground river that enter the lake results in the water on the shore being boiling hot.(4) The river itself hummed with natural energy, crystal clear water darkening to a thick indigo to show its depth.(5) river of tears(6) I proceeded along the jagged ridges staring down into a river of a boiling red substance.(7) the trickle of disclosures has grown into a river of revelations(8) Everywhere he turned, there were screams of anguish and rivers of blood.(9) Tiny rivers of blood trickled aimlessly down his hand.(10) The young man was sweating profusely; rivers of it were flowing down his pale face.(11) Major environmental problems faced by China are pollution in rivers , lakes and seas, as well as urban air pollution and acid rain, the report said.(12) Inland wetlands are common on floodplains along rivers and streams and in other low-lying areas.(13) The rye plants capture and hold nutrients and moisture in place, reducing the amount that reaches rivers , streams and ground water.(14) Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters.(15) ├ö├ç├┐Hey Mom,├ö├ç├û I said softly, with rivers of tears falling down my face.(16) With hundreds of lakes and rivers , you could sail and water ski the day away without even coming close to the coast.
(1) the river :: le vaitafe
(2) across the river :: isi itu o le vaitafe
(3) along the river :: i le vaitafe
(4) down the river :: i lalo o le vaitafe
(5) small river :: vaitafe laiti
(6) river basin :: vaitafe pesini
(7) cross the river :: sopoia le vaitafe
(8) river boat :: vaitafe vaa
(9) river mouth :: vaitafe gutu
(10) cross a river :: sopoia se vaitafe
1. watercourse ::
2. waterway ::
3. tributary ::
4. stream ::
5. rivulet ::
6. brook ::
7. inlet ::
8. rill ::
9. runnel ::
10. freshet ::
11. bourn ::
12. creek ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yeah. Except the RIVER
kept showing me his Pokémon cards.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
When I was seven, I saw a servant girl...
bathing in the RIVER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
You just crossed the RIVER?
Yeah. Have you seen anything?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Yes, it is! They all attacked me
and she threw my sword in the RIVER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
Then Captain Sweatpants,
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
English to Samoan Dictionary: river
Meaning and definitions of river, translation in Samoan language for river with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of river in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "river"
What river means in Samoan, river meaning in Samoan, river definition, examples and pronunciation of river in Samoan language.