Noun(1) a compound formed by replacing hydrogen in an acid by a metal (or a radical that acts like a metal(2) white crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food(3) negotiations between the United States and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics opened in 1969 in Helsinki designed to limit both countries' stock of nuclear weapons(4) the taste experience when common salt is taken into the mouth
Verb(1) add salt to(2) sprinkle as if with salt(3) add zest or liveliness to(4) preserve with salt
Adjective(1) (of speech
(1) Lay the marinated turkey strips on the grill and season with salt and pepper to taste.(2) Pour in the cream and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.(3) There were about thirty tunnels in the mound complex, some as deep as three feet underground and snaking among the tough roots of the salt plants.(4) Once the cheese has melted, add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.(5) It is also treated with inorganic salt solutions which slow down the combustion.(6) We salt the roads to prevent ice and snow from sticking to road surface.(7) North past County Line and the smells are heavy salt air and sometimes a little blowing dirt.(8) Dress up a platter of fresh vegetables with a shallow dish of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar seasoned with salt and pepper.(9) As the class drew to a close we talked about nutrition and how some folks made it a choice to eat a healthier diet with less fat, less sugar, less salt and less fast food.(10) Meanwhile, blend the remaining ingredients in a food processor until combined, then season with salt to taste.(11) Fish born in the river swim downstream to the salt waters of the North Pacific.(12) Place the flour, oatmeal and a pinch of salt in a food processor with the butter.(13) Correct seasoning with salt , pepper and maybe a pinch of sugar.(14) Enjoy the warmth from your suite's fireplace, open your balcony doors to the salt air, and scan the neighboring red cedars for bald eagles.(15) Add the braised chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper sauce.(16) Season the carbonara with several turns of freshly ground black pepper and taste for salt .
(1) salt shaker :: masima le fagu
(2) sea salt :: masima sami
(3) pinch of salt :: uga o le masima
(4) rock salt :: masima papa
(5) table salt :: laulau masima
(6) bath salt :: masima tapu
(7) add salt :: faaopoopo le masima
1. salty ::
2. sodium chloride ::
3. zest ::
4. table salt ::
salt, salted, salter, saltest, saltine, saltines, salting, salts, salty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Salt Throne is not yours to swear upon,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
Never have I ever put SALT on my food
without trying it first.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
- My blood is SALT and iron.
- Yet the Stark boy sends you to me
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
...and ride wooden horses
across the black SALT water...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
Bless him with SALT.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
English to Samoan Dictionary: salt
Meaning and definitions of salt, translation in Samoan language for salt with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of salt in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "salt"
What salt means in Samoan, salt meaning in Samoan, salt definition, examples and pronunciation of salt in Samoan language.