Noun(1) a mechanical device on a camera that opens and closes to control the time of a photographic exposure(2) a hinged blind for a window
Verb(1) close with shutters
(1) When the shutter of your camera opens for that fraction of a second, photons of light stream in and strike the silver halide grains suspended in the gelatin emulsion.(2) Zhuk doesn't want to shutter the business, but also wants to act as ethically as possible.(3) It appears that a thief, described as a drunk male wearing a combat jacket, used a crowbar to prise open the security shutter before smashing the window.(4) In order to prevent the image from being blurry, Cassini actually had to rotate while the camera shutter was open in order to maintain her pointing at Phoebe.(5) Arbus focused her camera and triggered the shutter .(6) Stylish wood window shutter panels with operable louvers offer privacy as well as control over the amount of light that enters a room.(7) Close the doors, shutter the windows, send them all home.(8) The camera shutter was open for 8 m sec per frame to avoid motion blur of the particles.(9) Even with your camera on top of a tripod, if you only use your finger to keep the shutter open, you run the risk of camera movement.(10) As he already had an alarm system, window and door shutters plus several heavy security doors, I would have thought he had provided adequate security arrangements already.(11) It retains its original wooden floor and period fireplace, and overlooks St Alban's Road through shuttered windows.(12) Consists of new software features and ease-of-use improvements as well as a new shutterless , high-performance camera, which provides increased sensitivity and reliability(13) Both have original marble fireplaces, shuttered sash windows and high ceilings with elaborate plasterwork.(14) The room is done up in the old colonial style, complete with red stained wooden floors, four poster bed, wooden shutters for windows and so on.(15) Despite having an alarm system, window and door shutters , plus several heavy security doors, thieves still managed to break into his shop on Saturday.(16) Word is that Brill will be shuttering Inside.com as a free site next month and making it subscription only.
(1) shutter speed :: shutter saosaoa
(2) rolling shutter :: shutter faataamilo
(3) window shutter :: faamalama shutter
(4) shutter release :: faamatuu shutter
(5) shutter priority :: shutter faamuamua
(6) roll-up shutter :: taavale-ae shutter
1. shutter ::
shutter, shuttered, shuttering, shutters
English to Samoan Dictionary: shutter
Meaning and definitions of shutter, translation in Samoan language for shutter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shutter in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shutter"
What shutter means in Samoan, shutter meaning in Samoan, shutter definition, examples and pronunciation of shutter in Samoan language.