Verb(1) take off weight
Adjective(1) being of delicate or slender build(2) small in quantity
(1) Most English Catholics were appalled by news of the plot, realizing the slim chance of success, and that failure would lead to further repression.(2) The likelihood of that appeared very slim in a country where the president and prime minister regularly exchange public insults.(3) Big, poufed dresses can be overpowering on a tall woman, and very slim dresses can make you look even taller.(4) It's not just her look - wraparound pearlescent shades, ponytail, simple white T shirt with slim jeans.(5) But if that's the case how come you are so slim and slender?(6) Opportunities to break into the first team at Preston appear to be slim , with five other players ahead of him in the pecking order at Deepdale.(7) Although Gemma has been a keen supporter of strongman competitions since she was small, she only started training in a gym six months ago, in an attempt to slim down for her singing career.(8) As he does, Martina opens the box, revealing a slim , white gold ring.(9) Having said that, the chances of finding any such gold are slim .(10) This combination of materials was just not conducive to the slim shape that was needed to smoothly penetrate the ocean of air.(11) He gave her a slim gold band that once belonged to his mother, and she gave him violets, her favorite flower.(12) She wore a slim gold band around her head, a white tunic, and jeans and boots.(13) Trousers are slim and close to the leg, slightly flaring at the shoe.(14) She had bought a gown three sizes too small hoping to slim down to fit it.(15) New recruits should opt for slim ties - narrow to medium-narrow width.(16) I don't think I could even if I wanted to - a lot of women's jeans are cut so slim , tight and stretchy, there isn't room to tuck in.
(1) slim down :: i lalo auiʻa
(2) tall and slim :: maualuga ma auiʻa
(3) very slim :: lava auiʻa
(4) slim girl :: teine auiʻa
(5) slim waist :: sulugatiti auiʻa
(6) slim figure :: fuainumera auiʻa
(7) slim and graceful :: auiʻa ma tauagafau
1. slender ::
2. narrow ::
3. slight ::
4. lose weight ::
5. reduce ::
1. broad ::
2. fat ::
3. wide ::
slim, slimness, slims
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
...a box of Slim Jims and the latest issue
of Bombay Badonkadonks.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
Big Gulp? Slim Jim?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Samoan Dictionary: slim
Meaning and definitions of slim, translation in Samoan language for slim with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of slim in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "slim"
What slim means in Samoan, slim meaning in Samoan, slim definition, examples and pronunciation of slim in Samoan language.