Noun(1) (geometry(2) the product of two equal terms(3) an open area at the meeting of two or more streets(4) something approximating the shape of a square(5) someone who doesn't understand what is going on(6) a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views(7) any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles(8) a hand tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles; used to construct or test right angles
Verb(1) make square(2) raise to the second power(3) cause to match, as of ideas or acts(4) position so as to be square(5) be compatible with(6) pay someone and settle a debt(7) turn the paddle; in canoeing(8) turn the oar, while rowing
Adjective(1) having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle(2) characterized by honesty and fairness(3) providing abundant nourishment(4) leaving no balance(5) without evasion or compromise(6) rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
Adverb(1) in a straight direct way(2) in a square shape(3) firmly and solidly
(1) Here, too, the facts are hard to square with the argument.(2) The floor of the porch is covered in green 12-inch square slate tiles.(3) I flicked my red pen at him, hitting him square in the chest.(4) In 1998 the site owners refurbished 30 units on the site, covering about 3100 square metres.(5) They were clinging to a rock about 4 metres square and barely one metre above the sea.(6) She was wearing a plain tweedy suit with a simple square pendant of some purple gem.(7) Most of the competition entries were conventional square buildings - very few had any softening of their lines.(8) In 15 years, the average American home has grown by almost eight square meters.(9) At present our sports hall is tiny - about nine metres square .(10) How can I square my urge to support her with the fact that she has behaved so badly?(11) It's hard to square this with the photographs that are regularly splashed across the fashion press: she always looks too perfect to be real.(12) He has a square jaw, a scar above his top lip and a gold stud in his left nostril.(13) His office is a five metres square room reached down a long corridor, one floor above the concourse at London's Euston station.(14) You can't omit people and then act like we'll just start like everything is square and even when, in fact, it was not and is not.(15) But with six million square miles of ocean, drug runners often elude authorities.(16) Then mark the ends of the joists at this point and draw a line across them with a combination square .
(1) square root :: aa faatafafa
(2) square foot :: futu faatafafa
(3) square meter :: mita faatafafa
(4) main square :: faatafafa autu
(5) square feet :: futu faatafafa
(6) square mile :: maila faatafafa
(7) square meters :: sikuea mita
(8) town square :: taulaga faatafafa
(9) square kilometer :: kilomita faatafafa
(10) square bracket :: puipui faatafafa
1. quadrilateral ::
2. level ::
3. fair ::
4. old-fashioned ::
le pasiā o sitaili
5. straight ::
6. solid ::
7. straightforward ::
8. squarely ::
9. market square ::
11. public square ::
12. foursquare ::
13. lame ::
14. square toes ::
15. agree ::
16. level ::
17. pay ::
18. resolve ::
19. square up ::
20. feather ::
square, squared, squarely, squareness, squares, squaring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
it's in SQUARE centimeters.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
We caught this one on his way back
from Torrhen's Square.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
it's in SQUARE centimeters
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
I'll have them flogged in the SQUARE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
a circle made of triangles
served in a SQUARE box.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
English to Samoan Dictionary: square
Meaning and definitions of square, translation in Samoan language for square with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of square in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "square"
What square means in Samoan, square meaning in Samoan, square definition, examples and pronunciation of square in Samoan language.