Noun(1) the distinctive form in which a thing is made(2) a type or class(3) a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving(4) a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid(5) something that can be used as an official medium of payment(6) a small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid(7) machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores(8) a block or die used to imprint a mark or design(9) a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
Verb(1) walk heavily(2) to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something(3) reveal clearly as having a certain character(4) affix a stamp to(5) treat or classify according to a mental stereotype(6) destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot(7) form or cut out with a mold, form, or die(8) crush or grind with a heavy instrument(9) raise in a relief
(1) With no fitted kitchen installed and only basic interior decorating completed, prospective buyers can put their own distinctive stamp on the property.(2) empiricism of this stamp has been especially influential in British philosophy(3) Their truthfulness to immediate experience gave them the lasting stamp of authenticity.(4) Democracy confers a stamp of legitimacy that reforms must have to be effective.(5) the stamp of boots on the bare floor(6) Only royalty declaring economic deals required the stamp of official state sanction.(7) They are all instant communications that are far less bother than putting pen to paper, finding an envelope, licking the flap, sticking on a stamp and popping it in a post box.(8) empiricism of this stamp has been esp. influential in British philosophy(9) She flourished that statement with a stamp of her foot.(10) A wood-block stamp dipped in fabric paint leaves an ethnic-looking tattoo with turquoise bead accents.(11) After all, Stephen Malkmus's musicianship is distinct and his artistic stamp on his music is unequivocal.(12) Also, the threats have come from several different sources and some of these had an official stamp and were delivered to me directly.(13) Their Clyde, Gareloch and Lomond rental holiday homes have received the Scottish Tourist Board's Thistle Award, which is a guaranteed stamp of quality.(14) The stranger asked me to write my phone number on the card, then added an address and stuck on a stamp .(15) Stephen could place his own sardonic stamp on what were in some cases widely shared late Victorian literary tastes.(16) Post the envelope as soon as possible, there is no need for a stamp , the postage is already paid.
(1) postage stamp :: faailoga tusi lafoina
(2) stamp out :: taofia ai
(3) stamp duty :: tiute o faailoga tusi
(4) food stamp :: faailoga tusi meaai
(5) date stamp :: aso o faailoga tusi
(6) stamp pad :: pad faailoga tusi
(7) stamp tax :: lafoga o faailoga tusi
(8) stamp collection :: aoina o faailoga tusi
1. mark ::
2. type ::
3. pestle ::
4. seal ::
5. tender ::
6. revenue stamp ::
faailoga tusi tupe maua
7. cast ::
8. postage stamp ::
faailoga tusi lafoina
9. impression ::
11. stomp ::
12. imprint ::
13. fix ::
14. identify ::
15. emboss ::
16. pigeonhole ::
17. stump ::
1. breeze ::
2. coast ::
3. glide ::
4. slide ::
5. waltz ::
6. whisk ::
stamp, stamped, stamper, stampers, stamping, stamps
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If I wanted to take up a fad,
I'd get a tramp STAMP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
Why don't you start perusing
while I set up my notary STAMP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
And his efforts to STAMP out dissent
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
What paper is used, what STAMP.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
"Why don’t you tell them
you want to STAMP passports?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
English to Samoan Dictionary: stamp
Meaning and definitions of stamp, translation in Samoan language for stamp with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stamp in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stamp"
What stamp means in Samoan, stamp meaning in Samoan, stamp definition, examples and pronunciation of stamp in Samoan language.