Noun(1) agitation resulting from active worry(2) food prepared by stewing especially meat or fish with vegetables
Verb(1) be in a huff; be silent or sullen(2) bear a grudge; harbor ill feelings(3) cook slowly and for a long time in liquid
(1) lamb stew(2) I suppose he's all in a stew(3) My partner chose baked peppers and a veal stew with mashed potatoes.(4) Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.(5) Before long they had some potatoes, some old bread, and a hearty stew before them.(6) A large bowl of mutton stew with some large wedges of bread satisfied this last need.(7) There was a silence as he served the stew from the small iron pot.(8) sweaty clothes left to stew in a plastic bag(9) Later, they ate his famous cattle meat stew .(10) I employed Lydia's help to cut and stew some apples for dessert.(11) let the tomato mixture stew for twenty minutes(12) He lifted up the lid of the pot where lamb stew was simmering.(13) I answered obediently and went to the fire to stir the thick stew inside the cauldron.(14) There are many people around here who think that the whole of this country is in a stew .(15) They cooked a thick stew for dinner and had mulled cider.(16) Serve this thick stew with hot cooked basmati rice.
(1) beef stew :: stew povi
(2) lamb stew :: stew tamai mamoe
(3) fish stew :: stew iʻa
(4) rabbit stew :: stew lapiti
(5) meat stew :: stew aano o manu
(6) in a stew :: i se stew
(7) oyster stew :: stew faisua
1. mood ::
2. swither ::
3. braise ::
4. swelter ::
5. grizzle ::
6. grudge ::
lagona le lelei
stew, stewed, stewing, stews
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'll save you a bowl of STEW.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
and STEW, getting nice and fat and marbled.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
Always Le Sueur peas
with lamb STEW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
When I was 12 I milked my eel
into a pot of turtle STEW.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Crowded. You'd think
we were serving venison STEW.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
English to Samoan Dictionary: stew
Meaning and definitions of stew, translation in Samoan language for stew with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stew in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stew"
What stew means in Samoan, stew meaning in Samoan, stew definition, examples and pronunciation of stew in Samoan language.