Verb(1) utter obscenities or profanities(2) to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true(3) promise solemnly; take an oath(4) make a deposition; declare under oath(5) have faith or confidence in
Adjective(1) bound by or as if by an oath(2) bound by or stated on oath
(1) Our sworn opponent may not so much have rejected this truth as failed to grasp it.(2) Her husband, in turn, forfeits any paternity claims over children born subsequent to their sworn oaths.(3) Which is why it is usually the kind of question that needs some sworn evidence attached to it.(4) He then stated that he was pretty sure that he did not receive the sworn information, but that he did not recall it.(5) He said if a woman found she was married to a stranger she would need to submit a sworn affidavit.(6) The judge asked the witness to be brought back again and give a sworn statement again.(7) The only thing that will give us the answers seems to be a sworn inquiry.(8) My mother and stepmother are sworn enemies owing to my mother's treatment of my stepsister when we were small.(9) The mention of critics can only bring us to the topic of Nunn's sworn enemy.(10) There was no reference to this meeting in any of the developer's sworn statements to the tribunal.(11) Mr Griffin, you say at every point of her sworn evidence in her father's trial she said she did it for herself?(12) Hochhuth claimed that he had sworn statements from secret informers witnessed by eminent academics.(13) The act obliges people making personal injury claims to make a sworn affidavit of their claim.(14) What did you have in mind when you wrote that sentence in sworn evidence in Australia?(15) This country was owned by a sworn enemy of Richard - Duke Leopold of Austria.(16) Neither side has asserted that the sworn evidence is inherently improbable.
(1) swear :: palauvale
(2) sworn followers :: soo faatautoina
(3) sworn in :: tauto i
(4) sworn statement :: faamatalaga tauto
(5) sworn affidavit :: faamatalaga tauto faatautoina
(6) sworn enemy :: fili faatautoina
(7) sworn friend :: uo faatautoina
(8) sworn brothers :: uso faatautoina
(9) sworn brother :: uso faatautoina
2. promise ::
3. insist ::
4. curse ::
5. aver ::
6. trust ::
7. depose ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
all of whom
have SWORN to kill for me?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
I'm SWORN to protect you, to serve.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
SWORN to serve the Lord of Winterfell,
are you not?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Ser Amory Lorch,
SWORN bannerman to Lord Tywin Lannister.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
SWORN brother of the Night's Watch,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Samoan Dictionary: sworn
Meaning and definitions of sworn, translation in Samoan language for sworn with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sworn in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sworn"
What sworn means in Samoan, sworn meaning in Samoan, sworn definition, examples and pronunciation of sworn in Samoan language.