Adjective(1) causing fear or dread or terror(2) exceptionally bad or displeasing(3) intensely or extremely bad or unpleasant in degree or quality(4) extreme in degree or extent or amount or impact
(1) Alladi Jayasri writes about Gurudev, who reminds us of the terrible calamities waiting to punish us for our cruelty to Nature.(2) Why would he be selfish enough to kill himself and leave poor Delia with this terrible burden?(3) Instead, he thought about Whitney, worried that she was in pain or that terrible things were happening to her.(4) The options were overpriced, unattractive and could make a super model look terrible .(5) We learned, as too many other families learned, of the terrible pain and loneliness that must be endured as each day brings another reminder of this very long goodbye.(6) Those against capital punishment argue that it is brutal and degrading, while supporters regard it as an essential way of achieving vengeance/revenge for terrible crimes.(7) Rarely does television so sensitively and thoughtfully depict the terrible grief and pain of loss, with all its far-reaching and long-lived repercussions.(8) On one hand, the film is a terrible mess of plot holes, ridiculous premises, and overacting.(9) If you feel that terrible about it, try comparing yourself to yourself.(10) Last night I put the sauce in the microwave and didn't watch it - it boiled over and made a terrible mess.(11) Yet we knew a terrible secret far more sinister than Ray Martin's wig or the little green men at Roswell.(12) He was in terrible pain and I rang for the ambulance.(13) We can see a poor man in terrible trouble yet fail to help him.(14) It emphasises how terrible the villain is: the woman's warning that the hero's life is in danger conveys to the audience how powerful the villain is, and thus makes the tale more exciting.(15) I feel pretty terrible ; you don't blame it on some poor videographer.(16) Do you fear that this is now going to - this terrible , poor taste is going to spread?
(1) enfant terrible :: enfant matautia
(2) small but terrible :: laitiiti ae matautia
(3) terrible experience :: aafiaga matautia
(4) not terrible :: le matautia
(5) most terrible :: sili ona matautia
1. dreadful ::
2. repulsive ::
3. severe ::
4. unkind ::
5. very bad ::
6. ill ::
7. guilty ::
8. frightful ::
9. fearsome ::
10. abominable ::
1. light ::
2. moderate ::
3. soft ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, that's TERRIBLE.
Hang in there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
is a TERRIBLE thing.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
We never did.
That would be a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE thing.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
It's TERRIBLE, isn't it?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
I know your daughter had no part
in the TERRIBLE thing
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
English to Samoan Dictionary: terrible
Meaning and definitions of terrible, translation in Samoan language for terrible with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of terrible in Samoan and in English
Tags for the entry "terrible"
What terrible means in Samoan, terrible meaning
in Samoan, terrible definition, examples and pronunciation
of terrible in Samoan language.