Noun(1) the act of changing or reversing the direction of the course(2) act of changing in practice or custom(3) a shaving created when something is produced by turning it on a lathe(4) a movement in a new direction(5) the end-product created by shaping something on a lathe(6) the activity of shaping something on a lathe
Verb(1) change orientation or direction, also in the abstract sense(2) undergo a transformation or a change of position or action(3) undergo a change or development(4) cause to move around or rotate(5) change to the contrary(6) pass to the other side of(7) pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become(8) let (something(9) move around an axis or a center(10) cause to move around a center so as to show another side of(11) to send or let go(12) to break and turn over earth especially with a plow(13) shape by rotating on a lathe or cutting device or a wheel(14) change color(15) twist suddenly so as to sprain(16) cause to change or turn into something different;assume new characteristics
(1) take the first turning on the right(2) By law, cars are not supposed to park within 50m of the turning into Northdown Road but this is ignored and nobody ever puts the law into action.(3) She pointed to the controlled crossing in the Bath road near the Manton turning which had proved a great success.(4) A new turning and drop-off area for traffic outside the school gates is to be provided as part of the overall scheme.(5) Sherry's just taken a wrong turning into a very dead end.(6) He took the last turning before the road that led to the school, and smacked straight into someone.(7) Although there was still a way to go, he began instinctively to search for the turning which led to the track running from the road to the house.(8) Police said the man drove towards her home in Beeston, but deliberately took a wrong turning along Moor Road.(9) Through the steamed-up windows I could see that we were driving along Moor Lane, but that we had missed our usual turning and were heading towards the ring road.(10) The present bypass has no side turnings at all between its roundabouts at either end and provides free and unobstructed traffic flow.(11) What I have to do then is erect signposts at all the junctions where there are wrong turnings so as to help people past the danger points.(12) Some of these turnings are small and some are large.(13) But their course was straight, no turnings , no winding.(14) Overtaking at junctions and turnings is not to be allowed.(15) After some wrangles and wrong turnings , we found Trish's place.(16) She wasn't sure which way she was to go, so she kept taking turnings down lanes which she thought would lead northwards.
(1) turn :: liliu
(2) turning point :: suia taimi
(3) turning on :: liliu i
(4) turning off :: liliu ese
(5) turning around :: liliu
(6) turning over :: liliu i
(7) turning back :: liliu i tua
(8) turning away :: liliu ese
(9) turning down :: liliu i lalo
(10) turning to :: liliu atu i
(11) turning round :: liliu faataamilo
1. turn ::
3. change direction ::
4. bend ::
5. aim at ::
6. sprain ::
7. become ::
8. convert ::
9. reach ::
10. take up ::
11. move on to ::
agai i luma e
12. move around ::
13. release ::
14. plow ::
15. reverse ::
16. call on ::
valaau atu i
17. turn over ::
18. ferment ::
19. wrench ::
20. grow ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
l'm TURNING into a Sleestak.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
tonight's the night.
No TURNING back.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
Just by TURNING that thing?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
But I can't say it without TURNING sad.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Sheldon's TURNING up the heat.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
English to Samoan Dictionary: turning
Meaning and definitions of turning, translation in Samoan language for turning with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of turning in Samoan and in English
Tags for the entry "turning"
What turning means in Samoan, turning meaning
in Samoan, turning definition, examples and pronunciation
of turning in Samoan language.