- toetoe lava
Adverb(1) (of actions or states, just
(1) Rachel laughed, almost apologetically(2) Some of the lads have come and gone, but we've got a hard core who almost always turn up.(3) They now have to spend almost as much time at the station as they do out on the streets.(4) the storm was almost upon them(5) To our west, the great sheet of ice that stretched before us was almost too much to take in.(6) it almost doubled last year(7) the place was almost empty(8) It was found almost one in five workers lost at least an hour at work a week because of delays.(9) I almost forgot(10) Add it all up and in almost every city in the UK it is now cheaper to rent than to buy.(11) it's almost over(12) There was almost a sense that if we did not say the word the problem would go away.(13) he almost knocked Georgina over(14) By the time my reply was ready to send back almost an hour had passed and it was midnight.(15) it was almost all there(16) he almost dropped the bottle
(1) almost never :: toetoe lava
(2) almost done :: toetoe lava a faia
(3) almost all :: toetoe lava uma
(4) almost everything :: toetoe lava o mea uma
(5) almost finished :: toetoe lava uma
(6) almost everyone :: toetoe lava o tagata uma
(7) almost finish :: toetoe lava faauma
(8) almost dead :: toetoe lava oti
(9) almost gone :: toetoe lava a mavae atu
(10) almost time :: toeitiiti lava o taimi
1. nearly ::
3. more or less ::
sili atu pe itiiti
4. practically ::
5. virtually ::
6. all but ::
7. as good as ::
lelei e pei
8. close to ::
latalata atu i
9. near ::
10. not quite ::
e fai lava si
11. roughly ::
pe tusa lea ma
12. not far from ::
e le mamao mai
15. bordering on ::
16. verging on ::
17. pretty near ::
18. pretty nearly ::
19. pretty much ::
20. pretty well ::
21. well-nigh ::
lelei lata mai
22. nigh on ::
latalata mai i
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, actually, I ALMOST forgot.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
that goes ALMOST straight up
for, like, 20 seconds,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
The kind who ALMOST put a
pillow over your face last night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
It's ALMOST as if
it was a huge waste of time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
English to Samoan Dictionary: almost
Meaning and definitions of almost, translation in Samoan language for almost with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of almost in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "almost"
What almost means in Samoan, almost meaning in Samoan, almost definition, examples and pronunciation of almost in Samoan language.