Adjective(1) feeling shame or guilt or embarrassment or remorse
(1) I'm not ashamed of doing anything in public, in front of everybody, I don't care.(2) I fear what will happen to us all but I am ashamed to admit I have no hope anymore, too much has been lost.(3) While I feel like it is not something to be ashamed of, I am diligently learning to live with this affliction.(4) So the children feel guilty and ashamed and, as it's their fault, they don't tell anyone.(5) Obviously, Saturday was disappointing because of the result but the players shouldn't be ashamed of their efforts.(6) On one side, he felt guilty and ashamed , and on the other he just felt angry that it hadn't worked.(7) From that, what I have learnt is never to be ashamed of saying you're sorry.(8) The good politician rolls his logs in public, and is not ashamed of his job.(9) Look, voting is a privilege as well as a right and if you don't vote, you should be ashamed of yourself.(10) Continue being proud of who you are because you have nothing to be ashamed of, and everything to be proud of.(11) People seem ashamed to voice their religious views for fear of being laughed at.(12) I have shown people that it is ok, there is nothing to be ashamed of.(13) I guess this is the point where I should be contrite and say I was ashamed of myself, but I wasn't.(14) I felt so ashamed and so guilty, and I almost just wanted to die because of what I had done to my kids.(15) I was ashamed of our behaviour, I don't think it was very dignified.(16) They were not ashamed of smoking, for instance, but of smoking the wrong brand.
(1) be ashamed :: maasiasi
(2) ashamed of :: maasiasi o
(3) to be ashamed :: e maasiasi
(4) feel ashamed :: lagona maasiasi
(5) be ashamed of :: ona e maasiasi ia
(6) being ashamed :: le maasiasi
1. sorry ::
2. shamefaced ::
3. abashed ::
4. sheepish ::
5. guilty ::
6. contrite ::
7. remorseful ::
8. repentant ::
9. penitent ::
11. rueful ::
12. apologetic ::
13. embarrassed ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Disappointed? Let down?
- Ashamed? Horrified? Repulsed?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
That is his girlfriend.
Be ASHAMED of yourself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Why do you suppose a man
would be ASHAMED of having a loofah?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
He lives a secret life
because he's ASHAMED.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
that there is nothing here
to be ASHAMED of.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
English to Samoan Dictionary: ashamed
Meaning and definitions of ashamed, translation in Samoan language for ashamed with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ashamed in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ashamed"
What ashamed means in Samoan, ashamed meaning in Samoan, ashamed definition, examples and pronunciation of ashamed in Samoan language.