Adjective(1) producing or capable of producing an intended result or having a striking effect(2) able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively(3) works well as a means or remedy(4) exerting force or influence, or in force(5) existing in fact; not theoretical; real(6) ready for service
(1) North Lincolnshire Council confirmed that a stop notice was effective from midnight.(2) Even opponents of the system concede that it is effective in matching up bullets to the guns that fired them at least some of the time.(3) The change is effective from December 12 when the new First Great Western and First Great Western Link timetable is introduced.(4) The actual effective coverage date could be later if claims processing systems must be changed.(5) The appointments are effective from the date of the merger and subject to RBI approval, a bank press release said.(6) We have been effective in changing cultural practices in businesses.(7) A positive approach may be helpful and perhaps more effective in the long run than criticism.(8) This dynamic is amplified in some localities where large firms have attained effective monopoly power.(9) In fact, the effective storage of most hydro tanks is about 18 percent of the total volume.(10) A container deposit system is also effective in increasing environmental awareness.(11) It destroys the confidence of minorities in the police necessary for effective law enforcement.(12) Generally the vaccine is effective in 70 to 90 per cent of the cases, and is effective for up to six months.(13) Other family interventions are effective in reducing social problems although the results are mixed.(14) And why weren't they more effective in persuading the Indonesians of the importance of this case to Australia?(15) Critics have questioned why private companies or charities should be given effective control over state-funded schools.(16) That will be the near term driver of earnings growth, a higher effective tax charge notwithstanding.
(1) cost-effective :: tau-lelei
(2) effective date :: aso lelei
(3) more effective :: sili atu ona lelei
(4) highly effective :: maualuga lelei
(5) become effective :: avea lelei
(6) effective means :: auala lelei
(7) effective range :: ituaiga aoga
(8) be effective :: ona lelei
(9) effective time :: taimi aoga
1. successful ::
2. convincing ::
3. operative ::
4. virtual ::
5. efficient ::
6. in effect ::
7. efficacious ::
1. ineffective ::
2. ineffectual ::
3. inefficient ::
4. inoperative ::
5. unfruitful ::
le fua mai
effective, effectively, effectiveness, noneffective
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's really EFFECTIVE.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
that saying "pew, pew, pew"
isn't as EFFECTIVE
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
It's an extremely EFFECTIVE poison.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
one of the most EFFECTIVE
techniques for moving on
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
It was obviously effective.
It was obviously effective.
It was obviously EFFECTIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
English to Samoan Dictionary: effective
Meaning and definitions of effective, translation in Samoan language for effective with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of effective in Samoan and in English
Tags for the entry "effective"
What effective means in Samoan, effective meaning
in Samoan, effective definition, examples and pronunciation
of effective in Samoan language.