Noun(1) the momentary present
Adverb(1) in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events(2) in these times(3) used to preface a command or reproof or request(4) at the present moment(5) without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening(6) (prefatory or transitional(7) in the immediate past
(1) hush now, this is important(2) You've been awake for four seconds now and already your frame of reference has vanished.(3) Ok so this is fact and many of us bear the marks of those conquests but now answer this question.(4) Banstead are now unbeaten in four games, conceding just one goal in that time.(5) those shoes are very now(6) It's not pleasant to contemplate, but if you sign up now you needn't consider it again.(7) They operated on him this afternoon so hopefully he'll be fast asleep by now .(8) Whether it was actually any good or not scarcely matters now : it cheered a lot of people up in a grim time.(9) I'll see you in an hour from now(10) It is pretty clear now that he will not be returning to these shores.(11) I've lived here four months now , and still barely know the place, so went to the library.(12) He has been under effective house arrest for almost a year now , guarded by four police officers.(13) For three or four days now New York has been enfolded in the soft grey light of winter.(14) His promotion means there are now four MPs from Yorkshire and Humber in the Cabinet.(15) Land that had once supported eight or nine different crops and animals now grew only one.(16) Because he has been in custody since last July, Pickard will now be released in four months.
(1) right now :: taimi nei
(2) from now on :: mai le taimi nei i luga o
(3) just now :: na o le taimi nei
(4) until now :: seia oo i le taimi nei
(5) for now :: mo le taimi nei
(6) up to now :: e oo atu i le taimi nei
(7) now and then :: taimi ma lea taimi
(8) by now :: i le taimi nei
(9) now or never :: le taimi nei po lava
(10) till now :: seia oo i le taimi nei
1. at the moment ::
taimi nei lava
2. nowadays ::
i nei aso
3. at once ::
i sesi taimi
4. like a shot ::
e pei o se fana
5. at present ::
i le taimi nei
1. before ::
2. long ::
3. once ::
4. then ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Now, what do you have
to say for yourself?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
Now we kNOW where all
the clean bathrooms are.Yep.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
And NOW there is
a completely different woman
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
Well, I'll try him right NOW.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
- Why don't we work on the robot?
- Please, Leonard, not NOW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
English to Samoan Dictionary: now
Meaning and definitions of now, translation in Samoan language for now with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of now in Samoan and in English
Tags for the entry "now"
What now means in Samoan, now meaning
in Samoan, now definition, examples and pronunciation
of now in Samoan language.