Noun(1) a base hit on which the batter stops safely at first base(2) the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
Verb(1) hit a single
Adjective(1) being or characteristic of a single thing or person(2) used of flowers having usually only one row or whorl of petals(3) existing alone or consisting of one entity or part or aspect or individual(4) not married or related to the unmarried state(5) characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing(6) having uniform application(7) not divided among or brought to bear on more than one object or objective
(1) The bedroom accommodation consists of two double bedrooms and a single .(2) At first, a single room is used as living, sleeping and working space.(3) It was generally not a case of persons or families making a single move.(4) We removed the walls between the rooms, creating a single living and dining space.(5) As mentioned before, it's hard enough for single mothers to raise their children.(6) The focus is narrowed further in typical Spielberg terms to a single dysfunctional family.(7) Yet when I tried to follow it up with a series of letters I never received a single reply.(8) The main exhibition space occupies two of these boxes, but reads as a single room inside - it's a lot of effort for not much result.(9) Who decided that a new organisation would be best for single mothers to enable them to claim upkeep and support from missing fathers?(10) there's no single solution to this problem(11) The authors also were careful to exclude examples of activity unique to a single chimpanzee.(12) Unfortunately, if a dorm room is not available during your stay, you have to fork over extra cash for a single room.(13) Finally they find a dodgy motel that has some space, but the proprietor tells them the only room left contains one single bed.(14) It grew from a single room with one doctor to a medical centre on three floors.(15) Not a single member of my family, as far as I know, has travelled outside of Australia.(16) I am a single mother who raised three boys and then went back to school.
(1) single room :: potu e tasi
(2) single out :: mai e tasi
(3) every single day :: i aso uma
(4) single bed :: moega e tasi
(5) single player :: taalo e tasi
(6) single-minded :: manatu tasi
(7) single ticket :: pepa e tasi
2. individual ::
3. unmarried ::
4. exclusive ::
5. bingle ::
7. select ::
1. attached ::
2. married ::
single, singled, singleness, singles
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Ragnar Lothbrok challenges you
to meet him in SINGLE combat.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
A SINGLE drop in a cup of wine
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
I recreated every SINGLE guest
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
and I have to stay SINGLE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
Your Grace, I've won more SINGLE combats
than any man alive.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Samoan Dictionary: single
Meaning and definitions of single, translation in Samoan language for single with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of single in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "single"
What single means in Samoan, single meaning in Samoan, single definition, examples and pronunciation of single in Samoan language.