Noun(1) fastener that fastens together two ends of a belt or strap; often has loose prong(2) a shape distorted by twisting or folding
Verb(1) fasten with a buckle or buckles(2) fold or collapse(3) bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat
(1) Her shoes were opened toed, and had a gold buckle over the top, very dainty and feminine.(2) And it's because, you know, they believe that if they can put enough pressure on you that you'll buckle and that you'll give them what they want.(3) We don't buckle under pressure, we just get stronger.(4) While the country expects, our pallid hero will buckle under the weight, following in the footsteps of a long line of unlucky losers.(5) She was wearing knee-length tan boots, a dark blue denim mini-skirt, a red belt with a double buckle , a black backless top and a PVC three-quarter length black jacket.(6) Henriette fiddled with the buckle on her dance shoe.(7) The driver was quite apologetic, and my bike wasn't damaged (didn't even buckle the wheel), so I'm chalking it up to experience.(8) So if your buttons are gold, then wear a gold buckle and a gold watch.(9) Legs, heart and lungs often fail to keep pace with the rapid body growth, so that legs buckle under the strain of supporting an over-developed body.(10) Dating from the late ninth century AD, the hoard includes silver coins, fragments of two swords, weights, a belt buckle , strap ends as well as the boat nails.(11) Let me pretend to be their most dedicated and principled spokesman, the one who won't buckle no matter what concessions the Chancellor delivers from his sack.(12) He wore a pressed blue shirt that day, and a belt buckle enameled with stars and planets - a leftover, perhaps, from his physics days.(13) it is advisable to buckle up as some of the mountain roads require skilful manoeuvring(14) To complete the outfit, I wore a pair of slip on shoes with a huge buckle , which I'd also found in the Cancer Care shop.(15) For a second day speed restrictions were placed on tracks across the country amid fears they might buckle on what proved to be the hottest day of the year so far.(16) Who among us doesn't buckle themselves in for an airline flight hoping that the next seat remains vacant?
(1) buckle up :: faʻamau i luga
(2) belt buckle :: faʻamau fusi
(3) buckle down :: faʻamau i lalo
(4) buckle under :: faʻamau i lalo o
1. clasp ::
2. warp ::
3. fasten ::
4. warp ::
5. crumple ::
6. heave ::
7. clasp ::
buckle, buckled, buckles, buckley, buckling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the National Belt Buckle Collectors
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
Well, then, BUCKLE up.
You're in for a cranky night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
All right. Let's BUCKLE down and work.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
It's a lightsaber
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
Says the man with a giant
belt BUCKLE and a dickey.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
English to Samoan Dictionary: buckle
Meaning and definitions of buckle, translation in Samoan language for buckle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of buckle in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "buckle"
What buckle means in Samoan, buckle meaning in Samoan, buckle definition, examples and pronunciation of buckle in Samoan language.