Noun(1) a line made of twisted fibers or threads(2) a unit of amount of wood cut for burning; 128 cubic feet(3) a light insulated conductor for household use(4) a cut pile fabric with vertical ribs; usually made of cotton
Verb(1) stack in cords(2) bind or tie with a cord
(1) Updated in wide chunky cord , team with a wrap skirt and chunky polo neck.(2) Three rings then four; I twirled the phone cord around my finger.(3) Yes, I was that person who wore purple cord dungarees and a purple jumper, like some ghastly walking advert for Cadbury's Dairy Milk.(4) Firewood is generally sold by volume, the most common measure being the cord .(5) They lace their boots with heavy-duty parachute cord and wrap extra cord around their ankles.(6) you will need to cord the blind(7) she began toying with the telephone cord(8) To produce 1,000 copies of an average-sized book, you need about one cord of wood.(9) The door opening on to Winchester Road had been kept open for some of Monday as an electrical cord was run out for workmen outside.(10) Dominick entered the kitchen with a heavy cord of wood, his thick arms bulging under the load.(11) A length of cord or wire, or a light batten tacked across the legs of the bow, is all that is really needed to hold the shape.(12) The tendon is a cord that attaches a muscle to another body part.(13) Always unplug the power cord before cleaning the unit.(14) He rapped on the door once, and it opened to reveal a wizened old woman carrying a cord with knots in it.(15) Now, bind your thumb below the knuckle, a handkerchief works well but any rope or cord will do.(16) The countryside was a major theme with rustic cord jodhpurs, pedal pushers with buttons at the knee, checked shirts and Aran sweaters.
(1) extension cord :: maea faaopoopoga
(2) umbilical cord :: maea umbilical
(3) vocal cord :: maea leo
(4) bungee cord :: maea bungee
(5) cord blood :: maea toto
(6) patch cord :: maea fono
(7) spermatic cord :: maea spermatic
(8) nerve cord :: maea uaua
(9) pull cord :: toso maea
(10) electric cord :: uaea eletise
1. string ::
2. corduroy ::
3. electric cord ::
cord, corded, cording, cordless
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You need to cut the CORD with Penny.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
I did have a shot with the Lisatronic,
but the extension CORD wasn't long enough.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
English to Samoan Dictionary: cord
Meaning and definitions of cord, translation in Samoan language for cord with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cord in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "cord"
What cord means in Samoan, cord meaning in Samoan, cord definition, examples and pronunciation of cord in Samoan language.