Noun(1) a roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector(2) music composed for dancing a reel(3) winder consisting of a revolving spool with a handle; attached to a fishing rod(4) a winder around which thread or tape or film or other flexible materials can be wound(5) a lively dance of Scottish Highlanders; marked by circular moves and gliding steps(6) an American country dance which starts with the couples facing each other in two lines
Verb(1) walk as if unable to control one's movements(2) revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis(3) wind onto or off a reel
(1) Meanwhile Grainne, competing against one hundred and twenty dancers got seventh place for her reel and was placed tenth in the Championships.(2) One shows the globe morphing into a film reel to show how Hollywood relies on the network.(3) a reel of copper wire(4) an eightsome reel(5) I thought I was watching the last reel of a Halloween or Friday the 13th movie.(6) The boat tows the lure, the fish eats, the boat carries on, line comes off the reel and the fish is hooked.(7) Says Schellhorn: ├ö├ç├┐People are calling to see if they can buy a reel of the ad.├ö├ç├û(8) Loose ends still abound in the final reel , leaving the film with a less than satisfying conclusion.(9) I set up with 13 ft Shakespeare match rod and a fixed spool reel loaded with 21b line.(10) By the final reel , she has mysteriously morphed into Jennifer Jason Leigh.(11) Too often in these films, characters do things in the final reel that are in no way justified by their behavior for the previous seventy minutes or so.(12) It's technically very proficient, and revealing about contemporary life in Russia, though it does tend to fizzle out in the final reel .(13) If you have a costly fly reel , I suggest you take it in your partner's handbag.(14) If you're planning to fish in saltwater then my advice is purchase a saltwater model reel .(15) No longer would you have to put a sticker on the reel to identify the line, which quickly becomes lost.(16) Despite noticeable speckles, nicks and the odd scratch, the first reel of the film looks quite good with excellent contrast and sharp images.
(1) film reel :: malualua ata tifaga
(2) fishing reel :: malualua fagota
(3) hose reel :: malualua faagaau
(4) reel off :: puʻeina ese
(5) cable reel :: uaea malualua
(6) reel in :: malualua i
(7) to reel :: e puʻeina
(8) large reel :: malualua tele
1. spool ::
2. stagger ::
4. keel ::
5. spin ::
reel, reeled, reeling, reels, unreel, unreeled, unreeling, unreels
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, now REEL him in.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
...halfway through the second REEL,
I have returned to save the day.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
English to Samoan Dictionary: reel
Meaning and definitions of reel, translation in Samoan language for reel with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of reel in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "reel"
What reel means in Samoan, reel meaning in Samoan, reel definition, examples and pronunciation of reel in Samoan language.