- ofoofoe faateia aimaʻeu
Noun(1) the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you(2) a sudden unexpected event(3) the act of surprising someone
Verb(1) cause to be surprised(2) come upon or take unawares(3) attack by storm; attack suddenly
(1) 'Here?' she asked in surprise.(2) It is unlikely that anything you say will cause him or her shock or surprise .(3) He doesn't even try to hide the surprise in his voice at this.(4) With mild surprise , he noticed that she was wearing the breeches and shirt of a man.(5) the party was something of a surprise(6) imagine her surprise when she saw the car!(7) he didn't show any surprise(8) For his part, Eisenhower feared a surprise attack and war by miscalculation.(9) Information that is not tracked could later surprise the Army on the battlefield.(10) A surprise was sprung on a retiring vicar at a school assembly last week.(11) To General Hue, it looked like the ideal time to launch his surprise attack.(12) the election results were a surprise(13) that was a surprise result(14) He's even throwing me a surprise birthday party (I found out).(15) With mild surprise , she noticed that the sound came from the foot of the cliffs on which she stood.(16) the announcement came as a complete surprise
(1) surprise party :: vaega ofo
(2) to my surprise :: i loʻu ofo
(3) by surprise :: faateia
(4) to one's surprise :: e ofo o se tasi
(5) pleasant surprise :: ofo manaia
(6) surprise attack :: osofaʻiga faafuaseʻi
(7) take by surprise :: ave e ala i le ofo
(8) great surprise :: ofo tele
(9) express surprise :: ofo manino
1. astonishment ::
2. shock ::
3. surprisal ::
4. astonish ::
5. take by surprise ::
ave e ala i le ofo
6. storm ::
surprise, surprised, surprises, surprising, surprisings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, thank you, Sheldon,
this is a fun SURPRISE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
my friend a SURPRISE party...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
It took me by... SURPRISE,
because I didn't know.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
I will mask my SURPRISE
that you came up with it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
That man's name was, SURPRISE, SURPRISE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
English to Samoan Dictionary: surprise
Meaning and definitions of surprise, translation in Samoan language for surprise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of surprise in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "surprise"
What surprise means in Samoan, surprise meaning in Samoan, surprise definition, examples and pronunciation of surprise in Samoan language.