- lueswingerswingerssuiga maoae
Noun(1) a state of steady vigorous action that is characteristic of an activity(2) mechanical device used as a plaything to support someone swinging back and forth(3) a sweeping blow or stroke(4) changing location by moving back and forth(5) a style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s; flowing rhythms but less complex than later styles of jazz(6) a jaunty rhythm in music(7) the act of swinging a golf club at a golf ball and (usually(8) in baseball; a batter's attempt to hit a pitched ball(9) a square dance figure; a pair of dancers join hands and dance around a point between them
Verb(1) move in a curve or arc, usually with the intent of hitting(2) move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner(3) change direction with a swinging motion; turn(4) influence decisively(5) make a big sweeping gesture or movement(6) hang freely(7) hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement(8) alternate dramatically between high and low values(9) live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style(10) have a certain musical rhythm(11) be a social swinger; socialize a lot(12) play with a subtle and intuitively felt sense of rhythm(13) engage freely in promiscuous sex, often with the husband or wife of one's friends
(1) Strength without flexibility is not conducive to producing power in your golf swing .(2) The band performs a wide ranging repertoire, from rousing marches to the big band swing and jazz.(3) I can't tell you how many times I've had races ruined by people giving me an elbow to the face or a hand to the hip disguised as an arm swing .(4) I swing round a corner and spot what I think is a duck pond at the end of the street.(5) His chorus blends the most modern harmonies with old-fashioned swing .(6) He will swing for it next week, unless a petition for his life takes effect.(7) This system recognizes that golfers come in all shapes and sizes and their golf swing should reflect this.(8) According to intelligence sources, the army is now determined to swing the balance of power back in its favor.(9) I knew some aspects of my swing were flawed, but I wasn't working towards curing them.(10) These dozen folk-punk songs swing with an infectious rhythm.(11) That said, organizers don't need 20 million to swing the election he adds.(12) Neil took a swing at her(13) Although on different teams, they are examples of a nationwide movement that some experts predict could swing the election.(14) That ratio represents what amounts to an emotional set point, the mean around which our daily moods swing .(15) Such a swing of opinion reflects the people's tendency to change tack depending on which way the wind is blowing.(16) Then there is the issue of whether a small mobilization advantage can be enough to swing the presidential election.
(1) mood swing :: taupega lagona
(2) swing set :: seti taupega
(3) to swing :: e sasau
(4) in full swing :: i taupega tumu
(5) full swing :: taupega tumu
(6) swing vote :: taupega palota
(7) swing door :: taupega faitotoa
(8) swing shift :: suiga taupega
(9) swing out :: sasau atu
(10) swing back :: sasau toe
1. oscillation ::
2. change ::
3. trend ::
5. vacillation ::
6. jive ::
7. cut ::
8. lilt ::
9. sway ::
10. brandish ::
11. curve ::
12. change ::
13. accomplish ::
14. drop ::
15. get around ::
16. swing over ::
17. swing out ::
swing, swinger, swingers, swings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They'll teach you how to SWING a sword.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
You look like
you could really SWING that sword.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
"The man who passes the sentence
should SWING the sword,"
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
Sadly, that's my home-run SWING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
English to Samoan Dictionary: swing
Meaning and definitions of swing, translation in Samoan language for swing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of swing in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "swing"
What swing means in Samoan, swing meaning in Samoan, swing definition, examples and pronunciation of swing in Samoan language.