Noun(1) a period of time containing 365 (or 366(2) a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity(3) the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars(4) a body of students who graduate together
(1) One of his tutors at Cambridge described him as a very good student but certainly not the top student in his year .(2) in the year 1991(3) a year later(4) we'll be there for a year(5) he's the youngest in his year(6) she's in the second year of the degree(7) she spent a year there(8) the Muslim year(9) it's a year late(10) Calendar dates of events vary slightly because there is not an exact number of solar days in a year .(11) in the year of our Lord 1979(12) The Claimant is a final year student at the Chelsea College of Article.(13) We have made it compulsory for the first year students to attend classes twice a week in the lab.(14) In essence the year is split into four equal seasons, each lasting 91 days plus a bit.(15) they're paid by the year(16) it's almost a year since his heart attack
(1) last year :: tausaga talu ai
(2) next year :: tausaga na sosoo ai
(3) this year :: lenei tausaga
(4) every year :: tausaga uma
(5) year of birth :: tausaga o le fanau mai
(6) leap year :: puna ifo tausaga
(7) fiscal year :: tausaga faaletupe
(8) per year :: i le tausaga
1. twelve-month period ::
vaitaimi e sefululua masina
2. class ::
3. twelvemonth ::
year, yearlies, yearly, years
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Do you know
how much l make a YEAR?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
My fellow Americans,
before this YEAR is out...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
that we should file
separately the first YEAR
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
I'm allowed to nominate someone
for next YEAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
Well, sloth babies cling to their
mothers' bodies for almost a YEAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
English to Samoan Dictionary: year
Meaning and definitions of year, translation in Samoan language for year with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of year in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "year"
What year means in Samoan, year meaning in Samoan, year definition, examples and pronunciation of year in Samoan language.