o loo taoto
- o loo taoto
Noun(1) the deliberate act of deviating from the truth
Verb(1) be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position(2) be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position(3) originate (in(4) be and remain in a particular state or condition(5) tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive(6) have a place in relation to something else(7) assume a reclining position
(1) I SO much want to tell him what a lying bastard he is and how much his hostile betrayal hurt me.(2) This fear of God's rejection is not only caused by the lying accusations of the devil.(3) Getting out of that situation was the absolute nadir of my barefaced lying career.(4) God actively hates every sin and if you are living as a sinner lives - selfishly and lyingly and worldly - then God's hand is lifted up to smash you and put you in hell.(5) Days later the army arrives with the coffin, pompously and lyingly informing the family that ├ö├ç├┐the deceased was the victim of a terrorist attack.├ö├ç├û(6) Immigration has reached ├ö├ç├┐a crunch point,├ö├ç├û he lyingly claimed, before extolling the draconian measures already taken by his government to restrict immigration.(7) ├ö├ç├┐I'd have to talk to my mom, but it sounds fun├ö├ç├û said Jacob half lyingly .
(1) lie :: pepelo
(2) lying down :: taoto i lalo
(3) lying on the floor :: taoto i luga o le fola
(4) low-lying :: maualalo tele
(5) lying in bed :: o loo taoto i le moega
(6) lying awake :: pepelo mataala
(7) be lying :: ona taoto
(8) lying to :: pepelo i
(9) addicted to lying :: vaisu e pepelo
1. untruthful ::
4. tell an untruth ::
taʻu se pepelo
5. recline ::
6. be placed ::
7. be situated ::
8. consist ::
10. lie in ::
loo i ai i
11. rest ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So he was LYING?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
...so I told her that you were LYING
to protect me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
Wait, if you think I'm LYING,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
- It's not a problem.
- I mean, without LYING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
Then she won't know I'm LYING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
English to Samoan Dictionary: lying
Meaning and definitions of lying, translation in Samoan language for lying with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lying in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "lying"
What lying means in Samoan, lying meaning in Samoan, lying definition, examples and pronunciation of lying in Samoan language.