Noun(1) energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles(2) the act of spreading outward from a central source(3) syndrome resulting from exposure to ionizing radiation (e.g., exposure to radioactive chemicals or to nuclear explosions(4) the spontaneous emission of a stream of particles or electromagnetic rays in nuclear decay(5) the spread of a group of organisms into new habitats(6) a radial arrangement of nerve fibers connecting different parts of the brain(7) (medicine, especially cancer
(1) Because it uses sound waves instead of radiation , ultrasound is safer than X-rays.(2) evolution is a process of radiation not progression(3) solar radiation(4) Each of these pulses is a major evolutionary radiation of the Theropsid lineage.(5) the radiation dose(6) It is these materials that emit gamma rays, high energy radiation that can pass right through your skin.(7) During the Oligocene, the South American rodents began their great evolutionary radiation .(8) When taken up by obstacles, beta particles produce a more penetrative secondary radiation known as bremsstrahlung.(9) The board does say that there is still a need for further research into other concerns over the safety of microwave radiation .(10) background radiation(11) Radioactivity is the process of emission of radiation as a radioactive material changes form, often to a different element.(12) energy transfer by radiation(13) Huygens stated that an expanding sphere of light behaves as if each point on the wave front were a new source of radiation of the same frequency and phase.(14) We now know that invisible forces do control some things: gravity, radiation , electricity.(15) This famous site in British Columbia has yielded much fundamental information on the early radiation of the major animal groups.(16) The radiation of modern felines began with the divergence of the Panthera lineage.
(1) solar radiation :: leisa la
(2) ionizing radiation :: leisa ionizing
(3) radiation therapy :: togafitiga i le leisa
(4) radiation pattern :: mamanu leisa
(5) nuclear radiation :: leisa faaniukilia
(6) thermal radiation :: leisa vevela
(7) background radiation :: leisa talaaga
(8) radiation sickness :: maʻi leisa
(9) radiation treatment :: leisa togafitiga
1. radiotherapy ::
2. radiation sickness ::
3. radioactivity ::
irradiation, radiation, radiations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...suggest you could find the equivalent
of Unruh RADIATION in a large body of water?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
LEONARD: Oh, my God,
there's a breach in the RADIATION unit.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
Perhaps more if that RADIATION
gave you a super brain.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
According to your scan, Walt,
you have RADIATION pneumonitis.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Hey, do you wanna slip over
to the RADIATION lab...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Samoan Dictionary: radiation
Meaning and definitions of radiation, translation in Samoan
language for radiation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of radiation in Samoan and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'radiation'
What radiation means in Samoan, radiation meaning
in Samoan, radiation
definition, examples and pronunciation
of radiation in Samoan language.